Top Tips for Selling your Home Over Christmas
How you stage your house for viewers over the Christmas period could be crucial. We have put together some top tips to help ensure your viewings still go well.
- Try and stick to white lights – there is nothing wrong with coloured lights at all, however they are not everyone’s cup of tea. By using white lights, it creates a much more neutral and appealing aesthetics to potential buyers.
- Limit exterior decorations – try not to have the large inflatable reindeers and Santa’s on the roof or lawn. Try and keep a simplistic welcoming approach such as a holly reef on the doors and again white or neutral lights. When it comes to externals less is probably more.
- Natural light – even though the nights are drawing in if you are doing viewings in the daytime remember not to block the windows with lots of decorations or even a tree on the window. You will still want as much natural light coming in as possible.
- Do not cover the beauty – if you have a main feature of the house such as a fireplace or a beautiful handrail make sure you don’t cover this up. You want to show off the key features of the house still.
- Use Festive Scents – much like the smell of fresh bread during the festive period smells of cinnamon or mulled wine really create a welcome and homely feeling when people come to view the property.
These are just a couple of simple tips. However, it is the festive season, and you can do whatever you want to make it feel festive in your house. Just remember for prospective buyers less is often more.
Make sure you follow our Facebook page or sign up to our blog on the website. If you would like a free no obligation call us on 02477360158 or contact us via the website www.elliottsalesandlettings.co.uk